Jan 2019 - Present
Web Engineer @ Jpay | Jumia Group
Working on the new "Business Area" application for Jumia Pay merchants, including:
- ACL System
- Topups management
- Collaborating on the definition of Delivery pipelines and test automation
Technologies / Tools: Golang, Java, MySQL, Postgres, Docker
Jun 2018 -
Web Engineer @ JForce | Jumia Group
JForce is a Web App that aims to help the thousands of agents that Jumia has in the field across all Africa, by providing them access to their orders, sales, commissions and more.
On JForce project, I worked on the following areas:
- Development of all necessary APIs following a Microservices oriented architechture. (Consultants, Orders, Sales and Commissions), using Symfony 4 and Golang
- Orders Processing System using Golang concurrency features.
- Commissions calculation engime
Technologies / Tools: PHP 7, Symfony 4, Golang, REST, Microservices, Agile, Git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes
Aug 2017 -
Web Engineer @ Jumia Flights | Jumia Group
Jumia Flights is one of the most recent project of Jumia group and aims to be the biggest Flights marketplace in Africa.
I have worked in this project from the ground up, including:
- Define the application architecture following a Microservices oriented approach.
- Implement core features such as Search, Booking and Payments, using Java and PHP
- Implementation of Search Rules engine (golang)
- Orders and Payments State Machines service (PHP)
- Integration with well kwown thrid party Flights providers like Amadeus and Kiwi
- Multi provider search using WebSockets.
Technologies / Tools: PHP 7, Phalcon, Golang, Java 8, Couchbase, ScyllaDB, Microservices, REST, SOAP, Websockets, Agile, Jira, Git, GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
Apr 2014 -
Web Engineer @ Jumia Travel (formelly Jovago.com) | Jumia Group
Jumia Travel is the Hotel booking application of Jumia Group, the leading E-commerce platform in Africa.
Jumia Travel simplifies the hotel booking experience by allowing users to compare prices and accommodations in a fast, easy and transparent way.
The mission is to connect all hotels in Africa and bring them online. With over 25,000 hotel listings across 40 African countries and 200,000 hotels across the globe, Jumia Travel is Africa's N°1 hotel booking website.
I worked across all areas of Jumia Travel, highlighting:
- State Machine and Payment Providers integration
- Rates availability and search engine
- Channel Management and Partners Integration
- Extranet web / mobile application for Hotel Owners
- API architecture and development
- Functional tests architecture
Aug 2010 -
Web and Android Developer @ Ueb
Ueb is a startup aiming to buiild useful, simple and affordable online solutions for people and small business.
Some of the solutions developed by ueb include:
- uebbill.com - Invoicing plataform certified by the Portuguese finance authority
- ueb.mobi - Plataform for sending SMS
- uebsales: CRM solution
- appzlab.net: Applications for facebook.
- uebmkt - Marketing tools
- uebcare - customer care and satisfaction analytics focused on automobile area.
Ueb also develops custom solutions for clients like websites or mobile apps.
During my time at Ueb, I worked in all the above projects from the ground up.